IN SYRIA ……………
* Death of Zahran Alloush = major blow?
* Whitewashing of “moderate rebel” massacres
* “Syria Deeply” (funded by billionaires and the West) encourages prospective foreign fighters
* Samir Kantar killed in Israeli attack in Damascus
* Seymour Hersh says US military opposes alliance with AQ, prefers Assad
IN REGION ……………..
* Turkish teacher and union leader (plus 250 others) prosecuted for insulting the Sultan
* Turkey still has not removed troops from Iraq (Dec 31, 2015)
* More revelations on Turkey’s role in Ghouta chemical attack
JUST FOR LAUGHS …………
* The ‘fried egg division’ controls what?????
Here’s to a Happy New Year and END of the War on Syria in 2016!
Syria News and Analysis Gazette (SNAG) is a weekly email with a small selection of articles and videos about the conflict in Syria. We aim to bring significant news items that might not be seen as well as the words and actions of various players in the conflict.
Send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Syria Solidarity Movement
PLEASE NOTE: A group in the UK is illegally using our name and also recommending illegal actions against Syria. We are pursuing legal remedy to compel them to stop using our name, but the process is slow. Please be aware of this problem. Your donations to help with our effort are gratefully appreciated.
If you wish to support the work of the Syria Solidarity Movement with your donations, please go to
All donations are US tax exempt.